Friday, July 23, 2010

House built from a ship


For the last few months I've been working on a very interesting project doing desktop publishing for a group putting together an historic guide of the Northern Neck. This guide includes the four counties here as well as King George and Essex county. (I am hopeful that this will be available for purchase by the end of the year, or worst case, early in 2011.)

They were having difficulty in getting a couple of photos and I volunteered to get two of the ones needed to comlete the set which includes more than 400 total. This is one of the ones I volunteered for. The reason it was hard to shoot is that it can't be accessed by land anymore and it is very difficult to shoot from land. Naturally I enlisted a friend I have developed who is a fisherman and off we went.

This house, which obviously is abandoned, was put together with parts of a ship that was shipwrecked in the area. Note the portholes....not your most common architectural attribute. Just a little quirky and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment