Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Outbuildings in the snow


This shot was taken during one of the many snows over the 2009/2010 winter. Driving along Menokin Road something caught my eye. And as often happens I pull over and back up, and I'm a bit embarassed to say, but I rolled down my window and took three shots.
When I met the people from House and Home Magazine regarding the photos I'd taken for the 2010 Richmond County Historic Garden Week tour, they asked if I'd taken photos of outbuildings. Well that is a real passion of mine, so of course I told them yes.
They took a good number of my photos and they were the mainstay of the article in their March/April edition. This photo was the one on the title page and in my mind...it looked just great. There is so much going on in such a simple scene. The two buildings with white on black, the bit of magnolia tree. The form of the little white building. It sure caught my eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment